Mattress Buying Guide : Newlyweds In New Zealand
Congratulations, You’re married! The papers have been signed, the wedding celebrations are over and you are back from your honeymoon holiday. Now it’s time to kick-off your life routine as a married couple.
From teaching your partner how you like the dishwasher to be loaded to embracing each other’s most bizarre habits. The first year of marriage life is filled with adjusting, learning and growing as a couple. Adding poor sleep routine habits to the first year of marriage is a recipe for a cranky disaster.
Don’t start the new phase of your life together on the wrong side of the bed with an old mattress and bad sleep routine. If you didn’t include a new luxury mattress in your fresh new life, here is why it should be one of your first investment as a married couple. We’ve also got some about mattress and bed shopping for two!
Why it’s Important
When you purchased your existing mattress, you were considering what was best for your personal sleep. Now, there are two of you and your luxury mattress may not fully support your significant other’s sleep needs and habits. It’s crucial to your sleep health as a couple that your mattress works for both of you.
Have an open conversation and be honest about what you need for your sleep. It’s also very important to listen carefully to your partner’s sleep needs. You can eliminate some mattress options while having this conversation, making it easier when you’re ready for the mattress purchase.
Shopping for Two
After you and your significant other have the conversation about what you both are looking for to ensure a good night’s sleep for a refreshed morning. It’s time to make your mattress dreams come true. Don’t be intimidated by the buying process of a premium mattress. If both of you have fully discussed your needs and made a plan before walking in the stores, it’ll be a breeze.
- Make a list: You and your partner have discussed your needs and sleep habits, now take some time to prioritize and write down everything that you’re looking for in a new mattress. This will allow both of of you to go into the store informed and help save your time.
- Know your budget
Identify how much you’re comfortable spending on your sleep before going to the store. Remember that a mattress is a long-term investment in your sleep health and overall quality of life. There are some incredible finance schemes and discount prices for luxury beds in Auckland by House Of Beds.
- Communicate your needs: Aside from communicating your needs to each other, be sure you’re transparent with the salesperson of the mattress store. At HouseOfBeds stores in New Zealand, our highly trained sleep consultants will help you tirelessly to find the best bed and luxury mattress for you and your partner. If you have followed our tips, by now you’ve already created a list of needs and budget in mind. Share these things with your sleep consultant at the store and they will guide you through the mattress buying process.
- Ask questions: Don’t hesitate to ask your sleep consultant questions about sleep needs and habits. Ask questions about material used, comfort levels, sizes and their own preferences too. Additional insight and conversation can help you make your decision to buy a luxury mattress in New Zealand easier.
- Test ’em out: We encourage everyone who is the process of buying a mattress to test our their favorite style and brand of mattress in a store. This is essential for new and old couples. It is really important for you to embark on the journey together and lay on a variety of mattress in your usual sleep position. This will make sure you’re both comfortable and happy with your purchase
- Know that it takes time: A new mattress takes time to adjust to your body and posture, so don’t be discouraged if you’re sleep doesn’t drastically improve after one night. We recommend giving your new mattress a minimum of 30 nights of rest to allow it to adjust to your comfort needs.
- Don’t stress: If you are ultimately unhappy with your ned bed, House Of Beds makes returns easy. House Of Beds also offers finance schemes and discounts of luxury beds and premium mattress in New Zealand
When it comes to a new marriage, there are a lot of things to celebrate. Make a great night’s sleep one of them.